Checklist for Student VISA
- Passport copy of applicant (main and back page separate files in jpg format)
and at least 6 months of validity from travel date; jpg format
- Copy of No Objection letter from Ministry of Education, Nepal
- Passport size photo - 1
taken within the last 6 months
face visible and front facing; jpg format
- Confirmed flight ticket
- Valid Visa Approval Letter (EVAL) issued by respective government authority in Malaysia; pdf format
- Offer letter and acceptance letter by the university or college in Malaysia; pdf format
To obtain a student visa for Malaysia as a Nepalese citizen, you need to follow certain procedures and meet specific requirements. Here is an overview of the process:
- Admission to a Malaysian Institution: Apply and gain acceptance into a recognized Malaysian educational institution. You must receive an offer letter or a letter of acceptance from the institution before proceeding with the visa application.
- Visa Application Form: Obtain the Malaysian student visa application form from the nearest Malaysian embassy or consulate in Nepal or download it from their official website. Fill out the form accurately and completely.
- Required Documents: Prepare the necessary documents for your visa application. The typical requirements include:
- Original passport with a validity of at least six months beyond the intended stay in Malaysia and with at least two blank pages for visa stamps.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs with a white background.
- Copy of the acceptance letter from the Malaysian educational institution.
- Proof of financial capability to cover tuition fees and living expenses in Malaysia, such as bank statements or sponsorship letters.
- Academic transcripts and certificates from previous educational institutions.
- Health examination report from an approved medical institution.
- Valid travel insurance coverage.
- Other supporting documents as required by the Malaysian embassy or consulate.
- Application Submission: Submit your completed visa application form and all supporting documents to the Malaysian embassy or consulate in Nepal. Pay the applicable visa fee at the time of submission. Retain copies of all the submitted documents for your reference.
- Visa Processing: The embassy or consulate will review your application and process your student visa. The processing time can vary, but it typically takes several weeks. It's recommended to apply well in advance of your planned travel dates.
- Visa Approval and Single Entry Visa (SEV): If your student visa application is approved, you will receive a Single Entry Visa (SEV). The SEV allows you to enter Malaysia for the purpose of collecting your Student Pass.
- Student Pass Collection: Upon arrival in Malaysia, you must visit the immigration office or the educational institution's International Student Office to collect your Student Pass. You will need to submit additional documents, undergo a medical examination, and pay the necessary fees.
It's important to note that visa requirements and processes can change, so it's always advisable to check the official website of the Malaysian embassy or consulate or contact them directly for the most up-to-date and accurate information. Additionally, make sure to comply with any COVID-19-related protocols that may be in place at the time of your travel.